In our laboratory we conduct experiments and analyze state of art techniques in pattern recognition, information design and machine learning, let us share our publications list with you.
1. Rameswar Debnath., Takio Kurita, ``An evolutionary approach for gene selection and classification of microarray data based on SVM error-bound theories,'' BioSystems, Volume 100, Issue 1, April 2010, Pages 39-46.
2. K.Tanabe, B.Lucic, D.Amic, T.Kurita, M.Kaihara, N.Onodera, T.Suzuki ``Prediction of carcinogenicity for diverse chemicals based on substructure grouping and SVM modeling,'' Molecular Diversity (accepted)
3. Rameswar Debnath, Haruhisa Takahashi and Takio Kurita, "A comparison of SVM-based evolutionary methods for multicategory cancer diagnosis using microarray gene expression data," Journal of Systemics, Cybernatics and Informatics, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 63-68, 2011.
4. Tetsu Matsukawa, and Takio Kurita, ``Image representation for generic object recognition using higher-order local autocorrelation features on posterior probability images,'' Pattern Recognition, 45 (2), pg. 707-719, February 2012.
5. M. S. Kavitha, A. Asano, A. Taguchi, T. Kurita, and M. Sanada, Diagnosis of Osteoporosis on Dental Panoramic Radiographs using Support Vector Machine in Computer-Aided system, BMC Medical Imaging 2012, 12:1
5. Kenji Watanabe, Akinori Hidaka, Nobuyuki Otsu, and Takio Kurita, ``Automatic Analysis of Composite Physical Signals using Non-negative Factorization and Information Criterion,'' PLoS ONE, Vol.7, No.3, e32352, March 2012.
6. Tsuchiya, C., Tanaka, S., Furusho, H., Nishida, K., and Kurita, T.: Real-Time Vehicle Detection using a Single Rear Camera for a Blind Spot Warning System, SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars - Electron. Electr. Syst. 5(1), pp.146-153, 2012. doi:10.4271/2012-01-0293
7. Xinoying Guo, Chie Muraki Asano, Akira Asano, Takio Kurita, and Liang Li, `` Analysis of the texture characteristics associated with visual complexity perception, Optical Review, Vol.19, no.5, pp.306-314, 2012.10.
8. Lei Yang, Akira Asano, Liang Li, Chie Muraki Asano, Takio Kurita, ``Multi-structural texture analysis using mathematical morphology, '' IEICE Trans. on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, Vol.E95-A, No.10, pp.1759-1767, 2012.10.
9. Keiji Shimada, Yoshihiro Noguchi, and Takio Kuria, ``Fast and Robust Smile Intensity Estimation by Cascaded Support Vector Machines,''International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, vol.5, no.1, pp.24-30, 2013.
10. Tanabe, Kazutoshi, Suzuki, Takahiro, Kurita, Takio, Nishida, Kenji, Lucic, Bono, Amic, Dragan, ``Improvement of carcinogenicity prediction performances based on sensitivity analysis in variable selection of SVM models,’’ the Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling (SAR QSAR Environ Res. 2013 Jan 25. DOI:10.1080/1062936X.2012.762425 [Epub ahead of print])
11. X. Y. Guo, C. Muraki Asano, A. Asano, and T. Kurita, "Modeling the Perception of Visual Complexity in Texture Images," International Journal of Affective Engineering, vol. 12, no. 2, pp.223-231, 2013.
12. Zhouxin YANG, Takio KURITA, `` Improvements of local descriptor in HOG/SIFT by BOF approach,’’ IEICE Trans. on Fundamentals, Vol.E97-D, No.5,pp.1293-1303, May. 2014.
13. Takahashi Takashi and Takio Kurita, ``Image Classification using a Mixture of Subspace Models, IPSJ Transactions on Computer Vision and Application, Vol.6, pp.93-97, 2014.
1. Tetsu Matsukawa and Takio Kurita, ``Combined Feature Extraction from Global/Local Statistics of Visual Words using Relevant Operations,'' Proc. of the 16th Korea-Japan Joint Workshop on Frontiers of Computer Vision (FCV2010), pp.492-497, 2010.2. [PDF]
2. Yoshito Murayama, Tetsu Matsukawa, and Takio Kurita, ``Finding a sub-optimal combination of the binary classifiers for multi-class classification problems,'' Proc. of the 16th Korea-Japan Joint Workshop on Frontiers of Computer Vision (FCV2010), pp.336-341, 2010.02. [PDF]
3 .Kenji Nishida, Takio Kurita, and Masaharu Higashikubo, `` Online Selection of Discriminative Pixel-Pair Feature for Tracking,’’ Proc. of IASTED Conf. on Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition and Applications (SPPRA 2010), Innsbruck, Austria, pp. 678-064, February 17 – 19, 2010. [PDF]
4.Rameswar Debnath and Takio Kurita, ``A comparison of evolutionary methods based on SVM error bound theories for multicategory microarray gene expression data,'' International Multi-conference on Complexity, Informatics and Cybernetics, Florida, USA, April 6-9, 2010.
5.Tetsu Matsukawa, and Takio Kurita, ``Scene classification using spatial relationship between local posterior probabilities,'' Proc. of VISAPP2010, Vol.2, pp.325-332, 2010.05. [PDF]
6.Kenji Nishida, Takio Kurita, Yasuo Ogiuchi, and Masakatsu Higashikubo, `` Visual Tracking Algorithm using Pixel-Pair Feature,'' Proc. of Inter. Conf. on Pattern Recognition (ICPR2010), pp.1808-1811, 2010.08. [PDF]
7.Tetsu Matsukawa and Takio Kurita,``Action recognition using three-way cross-correlations feature of local motion attributes,'' Proc. of Inter. Conf. on Pattern Recognition (ICPR2010), pp.1731-1734, 2010.08. [PDF]
8.Keiji Shimada, Yoshihiro Noguchi, Tetsu Matsukawa and Takio Kurita, `` Appearance-Based Smile Intensity Estimation by Cascaded Support Vector Machines,'' Proc. of The 2nd International Workshop on Video Event Categorization, Tagging and Retrieval, November 8-12, 2010, Queenstown, New Zealand. [PDF]
9.Kenji Nishida, Jun Fujiki, Chikao Tsuchiya, Shinya Tanaka, and Takio Kurita, ``Road Plane Detection using Differential Homography Estimated by Pair Feature Matching of Local Regions,'' the IASTED International Conference on Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition, and Applications (SPPRA2011), February 16 - 18, 2011 Innsbruck, Austria. [PDF]
10.Takio Kurita, ``Discriminant kernel derived from the optimum nonlinear discriminant analysis,'' Proceedings of International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN2011), San Jose, California, USA, July 31 - August 5, 2011, pp.299-306. 2011.08.4.[PDF]
11.Kenji Nishida, Jun Fujiki and Takio Kurita, ``Multiple Random Subset-Kernel Learning,'' 14th International Conference on Computer Analysis of Images and Patterns (CAIP2011), Seville (Spain), 29-31 August 2011. [PDF]
12. Xiaoying Guo, Chie Muraki Asano, Akira Asano and Takio Kurita, ``Visual Complexity Perception and Texture Image Characteristics,'' 2011 International Conference on Biometrics and Kansei Engineering (ICBAKE 2011), pp.260-265, Kagawa University, Kagawa, Japan, Sep.19-22, 2011. [PDF]
13. Yasuo Ogiuchi, Masakatsu Higashikubo, Yuuki Ono, Takio Kurita and Kenji Nishida,`` Robust and Precise Measurement Method of Vehicles ans Motorcycles for Cooperative Driving Safety Support System with Combination of HOG-SVM Detection and Discreminative Pixel-Pair Tracking,'' 18th ITS World Congress on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Orland, Oct.16-20, 2011.10.20. [PDF]
14. Kenji Nishida, and Takio Kurita, ``Ensemble Random-Subset SVM,'' the International Joint Conference on Computational Intelligence (NCTA2011), 24-26 October, 2011, Paris, France, pp.334-339, 2011.10.24. [PDF]
15. Tetsu Matsukawa, and Takio Kurita, ``Discriminant Appearance Weighting for Action Recognition,'' The First Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition (ACPR'11), November 28‐30, 2011, Beijing, China, pp.7-11, 2011.11. [PDF]
16. Akinori Hidaka, and Takio Kurita, ``Discriminant Kernels based Support Vector Machine,'' The First Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition (ACPR'11), November 28‐30, 2011, Beijing, China, pp.159-163, 2011.11. [PDF]
17. Chikao Tsuchiya , Shinya Tanaka and Hiroyuki Furusho (Nissan), Kenji Nishida (AIST), Takio Kurita (Hiroshima University), ``Real-Time Vehicle Detection using a Single Rear Camera for a Blind Spot Warning System,'' SAE 2012 World Congress & Exhibition, 2012. (submitted)
18. Guo Xiaoyingm, Akira Asano, Chie Muraki Asano and Takio Kurita, ``Objective Analysis of Visual Complexity Perception to the Texture Images,'' International Conference on Kansei Engineering and Emotion Research, 22-25 May, 2012 Penghu, Taiwan, 2012. pp.216-224, 2012.05.23.
19. Kenji Nishida, Jun Fujiki, Takumi Kobayashi, Chikao Tsuchiya, Shinya Tanaka, and Takio Kurita, `` Road Region Detection by Spatio-Temporal Graph Segmentation of Optical Flows using On-Board Camera,'' Proc. of the IASTED International Conference on Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition and Applications (SPPRA2012), 778-022, 2012.06.18.
20. M.S.Kavitha, Takio Kurita, Akira Asano, and Akira Taguchi, ``Automatic Assessment of Mandibular Bone Using Support Vector Machine for the Diagnosis of Osteoporosis,'' Proc. of 2012 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC2012), October 14-17, 2012, COEX, Seoul, Korea, pp.214-219, 2012.10.15.
21. Akinori Hidaka and Takio Kurita, ``Sparse Discriminant Analysis Based on the Bayesian Posterior Probability Obtained by L1 Regression,'' Proc. of Joint IAPR International Workshops on Structural and Syntactic Pattern Recognition (SSPR 2012) and Statistical Techniques in Pattern Recognition (SPR 2012) Miyajima-Itsukushima, Hiroshima, 7th-9th November, 2012. pp.648-656.
22. Takahishi Takeda, Toru Tamaki*, Bisser Raytchev, Kazufumi Kaneda, Takio Kurita, Shigeto Yoshida, Yoshito Takemura, Keiichi Onji, Rie Miyaki, Shinji Tanaka, ``Self-training with unlabeld regions for NBI image recognition,'' Prof. of 21st International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2012) November 11-15, 2012. Tsukuba, Japan, pp.25-28.
23. Xinoying Guo, Chie Muraki Asano, Akira Asano, Takio Kurita, ``Modeling Visual Complexity of Textures Associated with Texture Characteristics, 2012 International,'' Conference of Information Science and Computer Applications (ICISCA 2012), Bali Indonesia from 19 -20 November 2012. published in Advances in Information Technology and Applied Computing, (ISSN 2251-3418), Vol.1, pp.121-126, 2012.
24. Zhouxin Yang, and Takio Kurita, ``BOG: an extension of HOG by interpreting it as bag of features,’’ Proc. of MAV2013 IAPR International Conference on Machine Vision Applications, May 20-23, 2013, Kyoto, JAPAN, pp.415-418, 2013.05.
25. Xiaoying GUO, Takio KURITA, Chie MURAKI ASANO, Akira ASANO, ``VISUAL COMPLEXITY ASSESSMENT OF PAINTING IMAGES,’’ Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP2013), Sep.15-18, 2013, Melbourne, Australia.
26. Takio Kurita, Kenji Watanabe, and Akinori Hidaka, `` Sparse Logistic Discriminant Analysis,’’ Prof. of IEEE International Conference on System, Man, and Cybernetics, October 13-16, 2013, Manchester, UK.
27. Zhouxin Yang, and Takio Kurita, `` Improvements to the descriptor of SIFT by BOF approaches,’’ The 2nd IAPR Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition (ACPR2013), November 5-8, 2013, Okinawa, Japan, pp.95-99, 2013.11.07.
28. Zhibin Zhang, Zuezhen Li, Takio Kurita, and Shinya Tanaka, `` Pixel-Pair Features Selection for Vehicle Tracking,’’ The 2nd IAPR Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition (ACPR2013), November 5-8, 2013, Okinawa, Japan, pp.471-475, 2013.11.07.
29. Akinori Hidaka, and Takio Kurita, ``Nonlinear Discriminant Analysis based on Probability Estimation by Gaussian Mixture Model,’’ Structural, Syntactic, and Statistical Pattern Recognition (S+SSPR2014), pp.133-142, 2014.08.20.
30. Takio Kurita and Yayoi Harashima, ``Extraction of Dimension Reduced Features from Empirical Kernel Vector, Proc. of the 21th International Conference on Neural Information Processing (ICONIP2014), Part II, LNCS 8835,pp.9-16, 2014.11.03.